Tracks in the sand

Tracks in the sand
Falling in love in paradise was a great beginning...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hurray for ordinary January

As a kid, I hated for Christmas to end and I dreaded January--back to school, cold weather, and a dormant back yard.  As a mother of four, however, I grew to love the boring first month of the year for some of the same reasons.  Christmas was over, the kids were back to school, I loved the cold weather, and there was much less yardwork!

But more than anything, after all the excess of the holidays, "normal" sounded pretty good.  Like a big grandfather clock with lots of rotating gears, it seemed the family functioned so smoothly when we were "back in our routine" of work and school and church and play and family time.

So...I propose a New Year's toast to good old boring everyday life!  And Happy New Year to the people I love the most--my family!!!

MOM

1 comment:

  1. Okay, by the way, I LOVE this, Mom!! Don't be deceived by the lack of comments regarding the blog. =) I'm very excited about this and hope to be good. Maybe I'll even post something tomorrow =) Can't wait to keep in touch with everyone like this!

    ReplyDelete