K, this is my practice post. Here's a few of the funny moments in our day-t0-day. If you're on facebook, you've already seen these. They made me smile, enjoy!
_______________
Today in Fast and Testimony meeting, Rory asks me, "Why is that lady so sad up there?" I told her, "Sometimes people cry when they're happy, or when something brings them joy or is very special to them." She says, "Crying 'cause she's happy? She really needs to just relax about it."
Real Steel is so fun to watch with my kiddos - they do cool moves as they dance and box along with the robot... then they turn their new moves on each other... then its a problem.
Yay, I get to do laundry twice today! Mason didn't want me to find out he had an accident in his pull-up and so he threw it into the washer with an almost finished batch of clothes. Joy.
In big trouble, Rory argues that she's been "accidentally" calling her brother names and shouldn't be punished. I tell her there's no such thing as accidentally calling names and that she better not do it again... and secretly, I'm excusing myself for a few profanities I may have muttered under my breath recently. I didn't mean to, so they were accidents, right? I like that idea. But don't tell Rory that.
I let my kids each pick a picture out of our gospel art set to talk about before bed and tonight Mason pulled out "The 5th Day." We were discussing how God made the animals and knowing Cole wants to be an engineer, I was telling him that God is such a brilliant engineer that he can build whatever animal he can think of. We went to the zoo today, so I was giving them examples like when he wanted to make a bird with all the colors of the rainbow he made the Scarlet Macaw, that one day maybe he was feeling silly and wanted to make the ugliest, stinkiest thing he could think of and made a warthog. Then it got really fun when the kids started suggesting things they'll make when they are Gods. Mason wants to make flying monkeys (no surprise there), Rory wants to make fluffy bunnies who's ears rotate like helicopter propellers so they can fly, and Cole wants to make giant tarantulas that camouflage by having flowers on their backs "so they can sneak up on their prey, and ya know, so boys can give them to their mommies for scary surprises."
Note to self: be wary of any bouquets coming from Cole once he achieves celestial glory...
"Mason, don't eat boogers! That's disgusting!" Defiant scream: "No it's not yucky, mom! It's nummy!" Um, how do I impress upon this child that this is not a good thing when his taste buds are apparently telling him otherwise?
At dinner: "Mason, I can see you blowing bubbles through your straw. Stop it."
"Mommy, could you cwose yous eyes for a li' bit?"
These are great sayings and are going to be so fun to look back at when the kids get older.... Yeah!!! Thanks for posting!!! LYNN
ReplyDelete